Last Revised: February 1, 2019
1. Personal Information
This policy applies to information we collect:
- On this Site.
- In email and through other electronic messages between you and this Site.
2. Information Collection & Use
We collect Personal Information from you through the Services in order to provide services that will most likely meet your needs and preferences. We only collect Personal Information about you that we consider necessary for achieving this purpose.
In general, you can browse the Site and “opt-out” from providing us with any Personal Information. However, once you agree to provide us with Personal Information, you are no longer anonymous to us. If you choose to use and/or purchase certain services we may require you to provide contact and identity information, billing information, and other Personal Information as indicated on the forms throughout the Site. Where possible, we indicate which fields are required and which are optional. You always have the option to not provide information by choosing not to use or purchase a particular service.
We collect several types of information from and about users of our Site, including information:
- by which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number, or any other identifier by which you may be contacted online or offline;
- that is about you, but individually does not identify you, such as your estimated mortgage balance, employment, income, and age; and/or
- about your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Site and usage details.
We collect this information directly from you when you provide it to us (for example, when filling in forms on our Site, information from correspondence if you contact us, or details of transactions you carry out through our Site or Services) and automatically as you navigate through the Site (information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies).
3. Use of Your Personal Information
You agree that we may use your Personal Information to improve our marketing and promotional efforts, to analyze Site usage, to improve the Services, and to customize the Site’s content, layout, and services. These uses improve our Site and better tailor it to meet your needs, so as to provide you with a smooth, efficient, safe, and customized experience while using the Site and/or Services.
4. Company Communications
We will send you strictly service-related announcements on rare occasions when necessary to do so. For instance, if access to our services is temporarily suspended for maintenance, we might send you an email or text message. Generally, you may not opt-out of these communications, which are not promotional in nature. If you do not wish to receive them, please do not submit your Personal Information through our Site.
5. Information Sharing and Disclosure
As a matter of policy, we do not sell, rent, or share any Personal Information to third parties without your explicit consent. However, the following describes some of the ways that your Personal Information may be disclosed in the normal scope of business to provide our services and products to customers:
- Purpose: We may disclose your Personal Information to fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- Buyers or Successors: To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by us about our Site users is among the assets transferred.
- Legal Requests: We cooperate with law enforcement inquiries, as well as other third parties to enforce applicable laws. Therefore, in response to a verified request by law enforcement or other government officials relating to a criminal investigation or alleged illegal activity, we can (and you authorize us to) disclose your name, city, state, telephone number, email address, username history, and fraud complaints without a subpoena. Without limiting the above, in an effort to respect your privacy, we will not otherwise disclose your Personal Information to law enforcement or other government officials without a subpoena, court order or substantially similar legal procedure, except when we believe in good faith that the disclosure of information is necessary to prevent imminent physical harm or financial loss, or report suspected illegal activity.
- Aggregate Information: We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
- Other Disclosures: We may also disclose your Personal Information: (1) to enforce or apply any agreement you may have entered into with us, including for billing and collection purpose; or (2) if we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of us, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
6. Cookies and Related Technologies
When you use the Site/Services, we collect certain information by automated electronic means, which may include Browser Cookies, Flash Cookies, Web Beacons, Session Cookies, and Persistent Cookies (collectively “Cookies”).
The information from Cookies is also stored in web server logs, which are then transmitted back to the Site by your computers or mobile devices. These servers and Cookies are operated and managed by us and/or our service providers. As you use the Site and Services, your browsers communicate with servers operated by the Company and/or our service providers to coordinate and record the interactivity and fill your requests for services and information.
Cookies are also used to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to our Site, including traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Site; and
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
Cookies help us improve our Site and Services and help us deliver better Site and Services, including by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Site according to your individual interests.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognize you when you return to our Site.
7. Manage Your Security Settings
You may manage how your browser handles cookies and related technologies by adjusting its privacy and security settings. Browsers are different, so refer to instructions related to your browser to learn about cookie-related and other privacy and security settings that may be available. You can opt-out of being targeted by certain third-party advertising companies online at http://www.networkadvertising.org/choices/.
You may manage how your mobile browser handles cookies and related technologies by adjusting your mobile device privacy and security settings. Please refer to instructions provided by your mobile service provider or the manufacturer of your device to learn how to adjust your settings.
8. Rights to Access and Control Your Personal Information
- Delete Data: You may request that we delete your Personal Information. Please note that in some cases we cannot delete your Personal Information except by also deleting your user account.
- Change or Correct Data: You can also ask us to change, update, or fix your data in certain cases, particularly if it’s inaccurate.
- Object to, Limit, or Restrict Use of Data: You may request that we do not use your Personal Information, but keep in mind that this will terminate our ability to provide any Service(s) to you.
- Right to Access and/or Take Your Data: You can ask us for a copy of your Personal Information.
You may send us an email at email@example.com to request access to, obtain copies of, correct, or delete any Personal Information that you have provided to us. Your email message must include (i) your identifying information (including your IP address, if applicable), (ii) your contact information, and (iii) information about the specific changes, deletions, or other action(s) you are requesting. We require this information so we can determine which information in our control is your Personal Information and complete the actions you requested. We may not accommodate a request to delete or change information if we believe the deletion would violate any law or legal requirement.
9. Your California Privacy Rights
We do not sell your information to third parties for direct marketing purposes. California Civil Code Section § 1798.83 permits users of our Site that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We follow generally accepted industry standards to protect Personal Information, including your email address, submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. However, no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. Therefore, while we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Site.
If you use a password for access to certain parts of our Site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
11. Changes in this Privacy Statement
12. Children Under the Age of 13
We do not collect any Personal Information from children under the age of 13. If you believe that a child has provided us with Personal Information without the consent of his or her parent or guardian, please contact us at email@example.com. If we become aware that a child under age 13 has provided us with Personal Information, we will delete it.