Terms of Service
Last Revised: 11/1/2018
The material provided through our Site and the Services is protected by law, including, but not limited to, United States copyright law and international treaties. We control and operate the Site and the Services from our offices within the United States. We make no representation that materials on the Site and in the Services are appropriate or available for use in other locations, and access to them from territories where their contents are illegal is prohibited. If you access the Site and Services from other locations you do so on your own initiative and you are responsible for compliance with all applicable local laws.
3. ACCESSING THE SITE, REGISTRATION, ACCOUNTS, AND PASSWORDS
We reserve the right to withdraw or amend the Site, and any service or material we provide on the Site, in our sole discretion without notice. We are not liable if, for any reason, all or any part of the Site is unavailable at any time or for any period. From time to time, we may restrict access to some parts of the Site, or the entire Site, to users, including registered users.
4. USE RESTRICTIONS AND INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY
The Site and its entire contents, features, and functionality (including but not limited to all information, software, text, displays, images, video, and audio, and the design, selection, and arrangement thereof (“Company Content”)) is owned by us, our licensors, or other providers of such material (collectively, and individually, “Company Content Providers”) and are protected by United States and international copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret, and other intellectual property or proprietary rights laws. You agree not to modify, copy, distribute, transmit, share, display, perform, reproduce, publish, license, create derivative works from, transfer, or sell or re-sell any Company Content obtained from or through us.
Our name, the terms SPARROW™, the Company logo, and all related names, logos, product and service names, designs, and slogans are our trademarks or are trademarks of our affiliates or licensors. You must not use such marks without our prior written permission. All other names, logos, product and service names, designs, and slogans on this Site are the trademarks of their respective owners.
5. DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES
THE INFORMATION PRESENTED ON OR THROUGH THE SITE IS MADE AVAILABLE SOLELY FOR GENERAL INFORMATION PURPOSES. WE DO NOT WARRANT THE ACCURACY, COMPLETENESS, OR USEFULNESS OF THIS INFORMATION. ANY RELIANCE YOU PLACE ON SUCH INFORMATION IS STRICTLY AT YOUR OWN RISK.
WE DISCLAIM ALL LIABILITY AND RESPONSIBILITY ARISING FROM ANY RELIANCE PLACED ON SUCH MATERIALS BY YOU OR ANY OTHER VISITOR TO THE SITE, OR BY ANYONE WHO MAY BE INFORMED OF ANY OF ITS CONTENTS. INFORMATION ON THE SITE MAY CONTAIN TECHNICAL INACCURACIES OR TYPOGRAPHICAL ERRORS. ALL INFORMATION IS PROVIDED BY US ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS ONLY. WE PROVIDE NO REPRESENTATIONS AND/OR WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, MERCHANTABILITY AND NONINFRINGEMENT, UNLESS SUCH REPRESENTATIONS AND WARRANTIES ARE NOT LEGALLY EXCLUDABLE. USE OF THE SERVICES IS SOLELY AT YOUR RISK. WE MAKE NO WARRANTY THAT (i) THE SITE WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS; (ii) THE SITE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, TIMELY, SECURE, OR ERROR FREE; (iii) THE RESULTS THAT MAY BE OBTAINED FROM THE USE OF THE SITE WILL BE ACCURATE OR RELIABLE; AND (iv) THE QUALITY OF ANY PRODUCTS, INFORMATION, OR OTHER SERVICES PURCHASED OR OBTAINED BY YOU THROUGH THE SITE WILL MEET YOUR EXPECTATIONS.
YOU ARE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ENSURING THAT YOUR USE OF THE SITE, RELATED SERVICES, OR CONTENT IS IN ACCORDANCE WITH APPLICABLE LAW. WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY INFORMATION NOT PROVIDED ON THE SITE. WE DO NOT GUARANTEE, IMPLICITLY OR EXPLICITLY, ANY RESULTS. ANY MATERIAL DOWNLOADED OR OTHERWISE OBTAINED THROUGH THE USE OF THE SITE IS DONE AT YOUR OWN DISCRETION AND RISK AND YOU WILL BE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE TO YOUR COMPUTER SYSTEM OR LOSS OF DATA THAT RESULTS FROM THE DOWNLOAD OF ANY SUCH MATERIAL. NO ADVICE OR INFORMATION, WHETHER ORAL OR WRITTEN, OBTAINED BY YOU FROM US OR THROUGH OR FROM THE SITE SHALL CREATE ANY WARRANTY NOT EXPRESSLY STATED IN THE TERMS OF SERVICE AND USE.
6. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
YOU EXPRESSLY UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT WE SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF PROFITS, REVENUES, GOODWILL, USE, DATA, OR OTHER INTANGIBLE LOSSES (EVEN IF WE HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES), RESULTING FROM: (i) THE USE OR THE INABILITY TO USE THE SITE; (ii) THE COST OF PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS AND SERVICE RESULTING FROM ANY GOODS, DATA, INFORMATION, OR SERVICE PURCHASED OR OBTAINED OR TRANSACTIONS ENTERED INTO THROUGH OR FROM THE SITE; (iii) UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO OR ALTERATION OF YOUR TRANSMISSIONS OR DATA; (iv) STATEMENTS OR CONDUCT OF ANY THIRD PARTY ON THE SITE; OR (v) ANY OTHER MATTER RELATING TO THE SERVICES. YOU ALSO AGREE THAT WE WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY INTERRUPTION OF BUSINESS, ACCESS DELAYS, OR ACCESS INTERRUPTIONS TO THE SITE OR SERVICES, DATA NON-DELIVERY, MIS-DELIVERY, CORRUPTION, DESTRUCTION OR OTHER MODIFICATION, AND EVENTS BEYOND OUR REASONABLE CONTROL.
IN NO EVENT SHALL WE BE FINANCIALLY LIABLE FOR ANY CONSEQUENTIAL OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES. BECAUSE SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF LIABILITY FOR CONSEQUENTIAL OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES, IN SUCH STATES, OUR LIABILITY IS LIMITED TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
8. PROHIBITED USES
- In any way that violates any applicable federal, state, local, or international law or regulation (including, without limitation, any laws regarding the export of data or software to and from the US or other countries).
- For the purpose of exploiting, harming, or attempting to exploit or harm minors in any way by exposing them to inappropriate content, asking for personally identifiable information, or otherwise.
- To transmit, or procure the sending of, any advertising or promotional material, including any “junk mail”, “chain letter”, “spam”, or any other similar solicitation.
- To impersonate or attempt to impersonate us, one of our employees, another user, or any other person or entity (including, without limitation, by using email addresses associated with any of the foregoing).
- To engage in any other conduct that restricts or inhibits anyone’s use or enjoyment of the Site, or which, as determined by us, may harm us or users of the Site or expose them to liability.
Additionally, you agree not to:
- Use the Site in any manner that could disable, overburden, damage, or impair the site or interfere with any other party’s use of the Site, including their ability to engage in real time activities through the Site.
- Use any robot, spider, or other automatic device, process, or means to access the Site for any purpose, including monitoring or copying any of the material on the Site.
- Use any manual process to monitor or copy any of the material on the Site or for any other unauthorized purpose without our prior written consent.
- Use any device, software, or routine that interferes with the proper working of the Site.
- Introduce any viruses, trojan horses, worms, logic bombs, or other material that is malicious or technologically harmful.
- Attempt to gain unauthorized access to, interfere with, damage, or disrupt any parts of the Site, the server on which the Site is stored, or any server, computer, or database connected to the Site.
- Attack the Site via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of-service attack.
- Otherwise attempt to interfere with the proper working of the Site.
In our sole and absolute discretion, with or without notice to you, we may suspend or terminate your use of and access to the Services, terminate your account and/or remove and discard anything transmitted by you, or information stored, sent, or received via the Services without prior notice and for any reason, including, but not limited to: (i) any unauthorized access or use of the Services, (ii) any violation of this Agreement, or (iii) tampering with or alteration of any of the software and/or data files contained in, or accessed through, the Services. You may terminate your account for any reason by emailing us at email@example.com. We shall not be liable to you or any third party for any claims or damages arising out of any termination or suspension of the Site. Termination, suspension, or cancellation of the Services or your access rights to the Site shall not affect any right or relief to which we may be entitled, at law or in equity, and all rights granted to you will automatically terminate and immediately revert to us.
12. GOVERNING LAW AND DISPUTE RESOLUTION
This Agreement and performance hereunder shall be exclusively governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the state of Arizona (without giving effect to its conflict of laws principles). The parties agree to submit any claim, dispute, or disagreement to mediation before a mutually-agreeable mediator prior any other form of dispute resolution. All mediation or any other form of dispute resolution shall exclusively take place in Phoenix, Arizona and the parties irrevocably waive any objection to such venue.
13. WAIVER AND SEVERABILITY
Except as explicitly stated otherwise, any notices shall be given by postal mail to Sparrow™, Attn: Customer Service, 6263 North Scottsdale Road, Suite 386, Scottsdale, AZ 85250 (in the case of Company) or to the email address you provide to us during the registration process (in your case). Notice shall be deemed given 24 hours after email is sent, unless the sending party is notified that the email address is invalid. Alternatively, we may give you notice by certified mail, postage prepaid and return receipt requested, to the address provided to us during the registration process. In such case, notice shall be deemed given three days after the date of mailing.